Unparalleled Financial Transparency
Simplify your Chart of Accounts using predefined GL custom segments (dimensions) to eliminate long,
error-prone account code strings, and achieve complete visibility into the source and use of funds.
Financial segmentation reduces the complexity and bloat of a traditional chart of accounts, while
expanding reporting functionality and analytics.
NetSuite comes out of the box with 12 segments to code expense and revenue transactions. Custom
segments allow you to restrict funds based on time or donor intent, classify revenue streams, track
functional expense categories, designate funds to a specific program, and beyond. The result is
unprecedented stewardship of funds with customizable FASB compliant reporting, dashboards and role-based
KPIS available to staff, management and leadership teams.
Don't see a segment that matches what your organization needs to track? Segments can also be created by
you, to exactly match your business need.
- Track diverse revenue streams such as grants, cash donations, pledges, gifts in-kind, services and
- Correlate revenue to associated expense transactions to clearly show where funds are spent in
real-time, at any time.
- Code revenue and expense transactions at the transaction line level to provide visibility, control
and stewardship of the funds received from diverse funding sources and revenue types.
- Projects track scheduled tasks, time, percentage of completion, and expenses on grants and programs.
- Track a matrix of relationships between multiple revenue sources, multiple segment dimensions and
- Create unlimited GL segment code combinations for accurate and easy data entry; and gain
unparalleled visibility into fund balances and performance metrics.
- Use the 12 predefined segments, or create your own to match your unique business needs.