Wine.com Launches New Division in Record Time with NetSuite
"The NetSuite system was up and running for our new logistics division within an incredibly short amount of time, and it helped us close a significant amount of business when we needed it most — in December, our busiest month of the year."
—Geoffrey Smalling, CTO, Wine.com
- Wine.com Logistics was able to save substantial costs and labor that would have been required with the open source or industry-specific package
- Avoided hiring any permanent IT staff
- Got the Web Services piece working well, which was very important for development and integration
- Able to get it done in the condensed timeframe, which was equally important.
- Wine.com prepared to launch a new division, Wine.com Logistics, at the end of 2009 with extremely limited timeframe
- Urgently needed an IT platform that could be up and running fast enough to capture sales for the 2009 holiday season.
- Wine.com chose NetSuite over an open source and wine industry-specific package alternatives
- Was able to accommodate Wine.com's stringent time requirements as well as the required integration with its parent system of record
- NetSuite accomplished the feat via its SuiteCloud Connect integration platform
- SuiteCloud Connect tied the new Logistics division into Wine.com's system of record via Web Services, allowing a direct flow of data between Wine.com Logistics customers and Wine.com.